Runfit Running Assessments
Runfit is an in-depth, gold-standard running assessment designed to help you make the most of your training and achieve your running goals faster and without injury. We’re running experts, and an official London Marathon Injury Clinic, with lots of experience assessing and treating runners.
Who are Runfit assessments for?
Runfit works for everyone. From beginners starting out on their first couch to 5k, to expert runners looking to train for their 10th marathon and beat their PB.
What happens during my Runfit assessment?
During your Runfit session, we will:
- Take a detailed history of your running and any injuries you’ve had
- Carry out a thorough physical screening of the muscle groups you use most when you run
- Carry out a video gait analysis of your running style
- Develop your personalised running management plan, including exercise therapy and changes to your running gait
- Provide hands-on therapy where needed, including deep tissue work, acupuncture, joint mobilisations and manipulations
- Recommend follow-up physiotherapy sessions, if needed
- We’ll video your gait and will, with your consent, keep the footage to use in any follow-up sessions.
What are the forms I need to fill out prior to my assessment?
When you book your session, we’ll send you a running assessment form and a consent form to fill out and send back. The running assessment form helps us understand more about your running history, saving time during the session so we can make the most of the hour you spend with us.
What should I bring or wear?
On the day of your session, come to your appointment with your usual running shoes and socks. If you use orthotics, insoles or supports, bring them too.
You should avoid wearing baggy clothing, as we’ll need to see how your body moves when you run. Bring your shorts and a t-shirt or vest.